Just put me out of my fucking misery


Yesterday morning I received an unexpected email from this “investor” we’ve been in contact with for the past several months.  The last contact we had with him prior to yesterday was over 2 weeks ago.  He basically was not sending us the information we requested on numerous occasions so we made a proposal to him based on what was told to us over the phone.

The way we viewed it was; “he’s probably full of shit, but let’s take our best shot anyways.”

After not hearing back from him on our proposal my business partner and I sat down and decided to head in another direction within real estate.  Once we made that choice, I felt like a million bucks.  I just felt like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and I could now move forward and make some money.  I felt like I was no longer reliant on this “investor” for my success.

This past weekend I was working the entire time, and I got websites running for our marketing and was going through the necessary steps getting everything setup; then this email arrives and totally fucks my head up.  My business partner is also struggling with this because it puts us in a difficult situation.

If a deal is to be done with this investor, it will literally be a life-changer.  It’s not something that we will make a big commission on and that’s it.  It is something that will change my life forever because that’s how much money is involved.  So at the end of the day we don’t want to potentially ruin a deal from occurring if there is a chance.  If the deal does happen, we have absolutely no idea how much work is going to be involved which creates problems with what we are doing now.  We don’t want to spend or waste money on our current real estate venture when we aren’t 100% sure if we will be able to put in the time needed to make it successful.

In the email he said he is willing to send us the basic preliminary contract for our review and our attorney’s review.  Then from there we can make any adjustments or changes as needed.  We asked him to go ahead and do that and we are both waiting on that document now.

In the email he also stated that he thinks meeting is a good idea and he would prefer to come to Arizona.  He even gave a date range of the 3rd week of March in which he’d be willing to come down.  So it begs the question; “would he be willing to pay for a trip to see us, if he really didn’t feel a deal could be done?”  I suggested in our proposal that I’d be willing to fly and see him if need be but stated he rather come down here.

The problem is that the best way to handle situations like this, from my experience, is to keep busy.  Otherwise you will over-analyze shit and drive yourself crazy.  Unfortunately we are unable to keep busy because we’ve gone as far as we can go with our current venture without spending more money and we can’t waste more money unless we know 100% that it’s the direction we are heading in.

I almost feel as though we would have been better off if he never contacted us.  Who knows what’s going to come of this.  The guy is flakey and unreliable.  My business partner and I really aren’t sure what we are going to do.  If I don’t receive that document today I’m going to fucking lose my mind.  I don’t want to keep playing games with this asshole; my time is much too valuable.

I’m stressed the fuck out right now and there really isn’t much I can do except wait and see if he sends the contract…

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: